Kaizen Training for Continuous Improvement
About the Seminar
Business management is such a complicated endeavor that may need a keen eye for details and focus on every part of its operations. Some businesses grow fast and maintain a particular leverage while others do experience business failures. The success of a business does not rely only on having a particular focus on one’s operations based on one’s plans but also on trying to improve its operations so that the quality of products and services will not be sacrificed at any point.
Unexpected problems may sprout up from any source in any department and if left unattended and ignored, they may multiply and eat up one’s resources unnoticeably or lose one’s clients overnight. It is at this point when every employee’s idea becomes important in creating a work environment that is focused on continuous improvement or kaizen. These small improvements can amazingly result to huge operational savings and eliminate recurring problems that may lead to other operational wastes, work burdens and imbalances. While other companies seem to appear sluggish in their operations, implementing Kaizen can somehow revitalize one’s operations because of the companywide involvement of its employees towards continuous improvement.
- To enable the participants to understand the meaning and significance of Kaizen in their operations
- To equip the participants with tools that they can utilize and adopt in order to start Kaizen
- To guide the participants on how to do Kaizen the easy way
- To coach the participants on how to effectively implement and sustain the Kaizen program in their operations
Who Should Participate
- Supervisors and team leaders from different industries, especially from the SME’S
- Everyone from managers to rank and file employees would benefit from attending this seminar.
MODULE 1. Kaizen, What it is and What are its Benefits
1. Kaizen definition, according to TQM experts and Norman Bodek
2. Why do Kaizen?
3. Umbrella Elements of Kaizen
4. Characteristics of Kaizen
5. Kaizen and Elimination of Muda, Mura and Muri
MODULE 2. The Kaizen Model and Best Practices
1. The Kaizen Process follows SMAIC
2. Some Kaizen Best Practices
3. Kaizen Blitz
MODULE 3. Kaizen Tools
1. Kaizen Tools adopted by Toyota Production System
2. The Basic TQM-Problem Solving Tools
3. 5 W’S Plus 1 H Approach
MODULE 4. How to Start and Do Kaizen the Easy Way
1. Kaizen Process Flow
2. Presenting the Action Plan
3. KAIZEN applications ( Production, Logistics, Warehouse, Sales, Quality Control, and other operations)
MODULE 5. Sustaining the Kaizen Program
1. Guide to Thinking
2. How to make Kaizen Program Successful
3. Apply PDCA-Plan-Do-Check-Act
4. Kaizen Reward System
Schedule: Click to view BusinessCoach Seminar Schedule
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Php 3,000.00 per person (inclusive of snacks, lunch, seminar kit, handouts, certificate of attendance)
10% Discount if FULL AMOUNT is paid at least five (5) banking days before the event.
Please call to register, or you may download our registration form. Kindly fill-out, and send to us through fax (727.88.60) or email. You will receive a confirmation within 48 hours.
Mode of Payment
- Deposit payment at Banco de Oro, Savings Account Name: BusinessCoach, Inc. Then kindly fax deposit slip (indicate name of participant and seminar title) to confirm reservation.
- On-site payment (CASH only)
- Company checks are accepted, provided that they are received at least five (5) banking days before the event.
Cancellation by Attendee
Registrant may refund amount paid, with less 30% processing charge from the LISTED AMOUNT within 30 days, or opt to use the payment for a seminar of equal value within 60 days. Cancellation must be done at least 2 days before the event. Non-appearance or failure to inform us of cancellation will result to forfeiture of full amount paid.
Cancellation by BusinessCoach, Inc.
Registrant may refund full amount paid within 30 days, or may opt to use the payment for a seminar of equal value within sixty days of cancellation.
Payment may be refunded upon presentation of the original copy of bank deposit slip and a valid ID. Cash refund is strictly implemented, and may be availed only at the BusinessCoach, Inc. office in San Juan City, Metro Manila. BusinessCoach, Inc. does not deposit refunds.
Schedule may change without prior notice. Please call to confirm. BusinessCoach, Inc. is not liable for any expense incurred by seminar registrant resulting from cancellation of any of our events.
Please call (632) 727.56.28, (632) 225.66.16, or (632) 727.88.60
or call/text mobile numbers 0915.205.0133 / 0908.342.3162 / 0926.622.0768 / 0933.584.7266
For other inquiries, you may also leave a message in our contact form.