Technical Writing for Beginners
About the Seminar
Technical writing could sound complicated, but it is easy when you know the fundamentals. The seminar highlights the basic guidelines you need to create reports, manuals and PowerPoint presentations. Kick start your assignment to write for a specific audience, boost your confidence and get the job done.
• Learn characteristics of effective technical writing
• Understand basic structure and guidelines in writing reports and manuals
• Develop skills to create polished documents and presentation
Who Should Participate
The workshop is designed for professionals involved in writing proposals, manuals, reports and creating PowerPoint presentations. General guidelines are presented in such a way that various industries (construction, engineering, sales and marketing, medical, etc.) can relate with the examples and activities introduced to the participants.
I. Introduction to Technical Writing
• Definition and uses of technical writing
• How technical writing is different from other forms of writing
• Types of technical documents
II. Characteristics of Good Technical Writing
III. Understanding Your Audience
• Targeting your audience and identifying their needs
• Multi-faceted audiences
• Creating a user-profile
IV. Data Gathering
• Structuring your research through basic outline and mind mapping
• Data gathering tools
V. Writing Your Documents
A. Reports and proposals
• Basic structure
• Guidelines in content writing
• Basic parts of a manual
• Guidelines in writing procedural and instructional information
• Testing and standard check
VI. Graphics and Layouts
• Basic design principles for technical documents
• Image types and sources
• Tools and software
VII. Basic Editing and Proofreading
• Reviewing and revising your document
VIII. Effective PowerPoint Presentations
• Design and layout
• Illustrating your point to enhance your message
• Tools and features
Schedule: Click to view BusinessCoach Seminar Schedule »
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Unit 201 Richbelt Tower, 17 Annapolis St., Greenhills, San Juan City, Metro Manila
Php 3,000.00 per person (inclusive of snacks, lunch, seminar kit, handouts, certificate of attendance)
10% Discount if FULL AMOUNT is paid at least five (5) banking days before the event.
Please call to register, or you may download our registration form. Kindly fill-out, and send to us through fax (727.88.60) or email. You will receive a confirmation within 48 hours.
Mode of Payment
- Deposit payment at Banco de Oro, Savings Account Name: BusinessCoach, Inc. Then kindly fax deposit slip (indicate name of participant and seminar title) to confirm reservation.
- On-site payment (CASH only)
- Company checks are accepted, provided that they are received at least five (5) banking days before the event.
Cancellation by Attendee
Registrant may refund amount paid, with less 30% processing charge from the LISTED AMOUNT within 30 days, or opt to use the payment for a seminar of equal value within 60 days. Cancellation must be done at least 2 days before the event. Non-appearance or failure to inform us of cancellation will result to forfeiture of full amount paid.
Cancellation by BusinessCoach, Inc.
Registrant may refund full amount paid within 30 days, or may opt to use the payment for a seminar of equal value within sixty days of cancellation.
Payment may be refunded upon presentation of the original copy of bank deposit slip and a valid ID. Cash refund is strictly implemented, and may be availed only at the BusinessCoach, Inc. office in San Juan City, Metro Manila. BusinessCoach, Inc. does not deposit refunds.
Schedule may change without prior notice. Please call to confirm. BusinessCoach, Inc. is not liable for any expense incurred by seminar registrant resulting from cancellation of any of our events.
Please call (632) 727.56.28, (632) 225.66.16, or (632) 727.88.60
or call/text mobile numbers 0915.205.0133 / 0908.342.3162 / 0926.622.0768 / 0933.584.7266
For other inquiries, you may also leave a message in our contact form »