How to Plan and Start a Business
About the Seminar
• To gauge your preparedness to go into business
• To guide you on what is the most suitable business
• To teach the participants the basic legal requirements
• To give you an overview on how to operate a business
Who Should Participate
- Those who want to start a small or medium sized business.
I. Are you ready to be an entrepreneur?
II. What business is right for you? – Self-assessment
• Personal capabilities and weaknesses
• Assets you currently have – property, contacts, etc.
III. Different types of businesses – Advantages and disadvantages of each type
• Sole Proprietor
IV. Business research and business planning
V. SWOT analysis for business
VI. Freelance and home-based businesses
VII. Required capitalization
• Capital expenditures (equipment, inventory, renovation, lease deposit, etc.)
• Operating expenses (rental, payroll, electricity, utilities, receivables and etc.)
VIII. Finding the right location
• Determining your target market
• Proximity of customers and suppliers
• Zoning and presence of needed facilities
• Negotiating your lease contract
IX. Manpower requirements
• Selection and recruitment process
• Computing wages and salaries
• Basic labor laws you must know
X. Equipment required
• Determine capacity and other requirements
• Lease or buy?
• Other considerations
XI. Locating the best suppliers
XII. Basic business permits and licenses
XIII. Different government agencies accreditation
• Barangay, DTI, SEC, BIR, City Hall or municipal office, SSS, Philhealth, Pag Ibig, DOLE, etc.
XIV. Bookkeeping and taxation – What and when you must record, file and pay.
• Journals, ledgers, and financial statements
• VAT and other taxes
XV. Marketing strategies (On-line, joining trade fairs, social networking)
XVI. Seeking further help
• Business associations
Schedule: Click to view BusinessCoach Seminar Schedule
Mode of Payment
- Deposit payment at Banco de Oro, Savings Account Name: BusinessCoach, Inc. Then kindly fax deposit slip (indicate name of participant and seminar title) to confirm reservation.
- On-site payment (CASH only)
- Company checks are accepted, provided that they are received at least five (5) banking days before the event.